2019 Musician Line Up To Be Announced
The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc. is looking for solos, duos, trios and SMALL GROUPS of performing artists who would like to perform in (10×10) acoustic-type venues located in three locations on the art festival route. We will be considering performers within these categories:
Classical, Jazz, Folk, Contemporary Bluegrass, Rhythm & Blues, Caribbean, Latin, Easy listening, Indie.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING. THESE ARE IMPORTANT TO YOUR PERFORMANCE.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE, SO PLEASE READ NOW TO AVOID ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS AT THE FESTIVAL.
- Group leader must report to your assigned tent 30 minutes prior to your performance time. *Your entire group must report to your assigned tent 15 minutes prior to your performance time. You will have 15 minutes to set up (while the previous group is striking). You will be assigned a specific time slot. You must start and finish according to the times based on your assigned slot.
- The performance space is a 10’x10′ tent. Your group must fit in the tent with a little overflow out the front. There is no storage space for instrument cases except in the tent.
- You may bring signage announcing your group. You must supply an easel or other supporting device to display any signage.
- Only LIGHT amplification is permitted.
- Simple recorded accompaniment is permitted. Tracks that are an integral part of the performance are permitted but are not preferred. The accompaniment must be either CD or MP3 and will be played on equipment the Festival will supply. NOTE – PRIORITY FOR ACCEPTANCE TO THE FESTIVAL WILL BE GIVEN TO GROUPS THAT NEED NO RECORDED ACCOMPANIMENT.
- There are chairs available for performers but we must know in advance so we can move chairs to your performance area.
- Instrumentation rules- No high volume percussion instruments will be permitted.
The music coordinators will control volume levels so as not to disturb artists that are in nearby tents communicating with customers.
Be prepared to carry any instruments to the performance venue. Parking may not be close!
- CDs, t-shirts, posters, anything else group-related may be sold – 100% of sale goes to performer. You must supply a person to handle sales. The Festival will supply a 2’x4′ table and a chair. An electrical outlet will be provided for a credit card machine. Sales of your items will be permitted during your performance and for 10 minutes after your performance.
- Recorded music of group (MP3/CD only) will be allowed after performance for 15 minutes while next group is setting up.
- We encourage you to publicize your performance. You will have your performance schedule in advance of Festival dates.
- There is no charge for you to perform and sell promotion items; likewise there is only minimal compensation provided by the Festival. Compensation is derived from music sponsors and vary year to year.
- You may request time slots on both days of the Festival. As part of this application you will find a schedule of time slots. Please make a first, second, and third request on the day you want to perform. If you want to perform both days, make three choices on EACH DAY.
- Multiple time slots on the same day MAY be available. If you want multiple slots on the same day, please indicate that on your application. You will not be
assigned consecutive time slots.