Discover the St. Johns River Festival of the Arts and Historic Downtown Sanford!
Save the date – May 6 & May 7, 2023
Welcome Artists and thank you for your interest in the 11th Annual St. Johns River Festival of the Arts! This is a juried fine arts and fine crafts festival that encourages artists to demonstrate offering the public a better understanding of the different art mediums and their complexity. Educational demonstration sites are also provided and manned by different art organizations and guilds. They offer educational opportunities and information to all.
For artists who are willing to offer heavy demonstration throughout the weekend (such as pottery wheels, lathe, glass blowing etc.) apply for an artist booth fee waiver. We offer six “featured demonstrating artist” waivers per festival and will adjust your booth space needs accordingly.
$15,000 in Awards
(1) Best of Show:$3000
(2) Juror’s Choice Awards: $900 each
(8) Awards of Excellence: $800 each
(8) Awards of Distinction: $500 each
What you will find at the St. Johns River Festival of the Arts…
- Patron’s Program – Our Patron’s Program offers prepaid Art bucks committed to purchase your art work
- Two Fine art jurors with a wide range of experience and knowledgeable in all categories
- Easy check-in – The festival is artist friendly and offers easy drive thru check-in
Great promotion – Comprehensive print and electronic digital media will be used to promote the festival in addition to print media, radio, television, social media and billboards
- Artists who apply early may be showcased in media spots
- Booth numbers and artist information will appear in the festival program
- Convenient parking for artists
- Extra-large booth spaces for additional visibility and use of your sides
- Free Wi-Fi within the festival area
- Private Artist Retreat – Take a break from the crowds, get a bite to eat and drink at the Artist Retreat
- Complimentary breakfast for artists Saturday and Sunday
- Hands on artist support by event staff
- Booth sitters
- 24 hours security provided by the City of Sanford police
- Private artist retreat area
Who are we?
- The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts is a 501C(3) organization run by volunteers and supported by local sponsors.
- All proceeds from the festival manage and support the “Art-for-Kids” Scholarship program that provides art classes to children, regardless of their ability to pay. Over 100 classes were taught in our newly restored Historic Hopper Academy. We provide a safe and fully functional art studio setting. Located at 1110 Pine Avenue, Sanford FL 32771
April 29 and April 30th, 2023
Set your GPS to: 110 W 1st Street, Sanford, FL 32771 for the festival entrance and registration booth. The total event route encompasses First Street, Park Ave, Palmetto Ave. and 2nd Street in downtown historic downtown Sanford, FL 32771
Set-up: Friday April 28, 3pm – 9pm or Saturday, April 29, 7am – 9am
Open Saturday, April 29, 10 am – 6pm, Sunday April 30, 10 am – 5 pm
September 1st, 2022
February 26, 2023
After February 1st only side street locations can be guaranteed.
Within three weeks of receipt of your application
A $25.00 jury fee must be submitted with all artist applications. Please follow instructions to pay online through PayPal.
A 10X10 booth space on First Street is $235, double space is $470 (limited availability). The 10X10 booth spaces on the side streets are $185. 10X10 double booth spaces on the side streets are $370. When accepted, the booth fee must be remitted within two weeks of receipt of your email acceptance notification to reserve your booth. Please make check payable to St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc.
Complete your application online (online forms) which is ZAPPlication or print and mail to St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc. P.O. Box 223, Sanford FL 32772-0223. Follow the instructions on Zapp.
Applicants: Please check your email and your status on ZAPPlication. If accepted, your full booth fee will be required within 30 days of acceptance. Once payment is received your booth location will be confirmed. There are a limited number of booths available.
No refunds will be made after artists have been confirmed on ZAPP.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc., PO Box 223, Sanford, FL 32772-0223
Phone: Kim 407-416-1779
PLACES TO STAY
590 Ava Ct.
Sanford, FL 32771
Fax- (407) 585-1595
Call the main number at 407-585-1580 and mention the “St. Johns River Festival of the Arts” for discounted rate.
$99 + tax/night. April 29-May 1, 2022 for 2 nights.
201 North Towne Road Sanford, Florida 32771
From $89 per night. April 29- May 3, 2021.
Click here to make your reservation
Start Date: Thursday, April 28, 2022
End Date: Sunday, May 1, 2022
Last Day to Book: Thursday, April 21, 2022