A NEW art festival experience..."where the artistic process comes alive before your eyes"
Welcome Artists and thank you for your interest. The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts is a juried fine arts and fine crafts festival that offers an educational opportunity for visitors of all ages via interactive artist demonstrations sites.
We are very excited about our 5th Annual event and plan to make it one of Florida’s premier outdoor fine arts festivals. A different festival experience is awaiting you, we hope you will mark your calendars for April 30th and May 1st, 2016 to see what we have to offer!
There are two ways to apply; as an exhibiting artist or as a demonstrating artist. Although ALL artists are encouraged to demonstrate in some fashion, a featured demonstration artist is obligated to doing organized demonstrations or workshops along with interacting with the public the entire weekend in exchange for the booth fee being waived. There are only a limited amount of featured demonstrating artists. To be considered as a "featured demonstrating artist" please fill out the Demonstrating artist application link after you have applied on www.zapplication.org. Demonstrating Artist Rules
$15,000 in Awards
(1) Best of Show:$3000
(2) Juror's Choice Awards: $900 each
(8) Awards of Excellence: $800 each
(8) Awards of Distinction: $500 each
- Our Patron's Program offers Art bucks to be spent on your art work
- Fine art jurors will have a wide range of experience and be knowledgeable in all categories
- The festival is artist friendly offering easy check-in and exit at the end of the festival
- Comprehensive print and electronic digital media will be used to promote the festival in addition to print media, radio, television, social media
- Artists who apply early may be showcased in media spots
- Booth numbers and artist information will appear in the festival program
- Convenient parking for artists
- Extra-large booth spaces for additional visibility
- Free Wi-Fi within the festival area
- Complimentary breakfast Saturday and Sunday
- Complimentary boxed lunch on Saturday
- Hands on artist support by event staff
- Booth sitters
- 24 hours security provided by the City of Sanford police
- Private artist retreat area
May 6th & May 7th, 2016
Set your GPS to: 110 W 1st Street, Sanford, FL 32771 for the festival entrance and registration booth. The total event route encompasses First Street, Park Ave, Palmetto Ave. and 2nd Street in downtown historic downtown Sanford, FL 32771
Set-up: Friday May 5, 3pm – 9pm or Saturday, May 6, 7am – 9am
Open Saturday, May 6th, 10 am – 6pm, Sunday May 7th, 10 am – 5 pm
September 1st, 2016
April 1st 2017
After February 1st only side street locations can be guaranteed.
Three weeks of receipt of your application
A $25.00 jury fee must be submitted with all artist applications. Please follow instructions to pay online through PayPal.
A 10X10 booth space on First Street is $225, double space is $450 (limited availability). The 10X10 booth spaces on the side streets are $165. 10X10 double booth spaces on the side streets are $330. When accepted, the booth fee must be remitted within two weeks of receipt of your email acceptance notification to reserve your booth. Please make check payable to St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc.
Complete your application online (artist apply tab) which is ZAPPlication or print and mail to St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc. P.O. Box 223, Sanford FL 32772-0223. Follow the instructions on Zapp.
Applicants: Please check your email and your status on ZAPPlication. If accepted, your full booth fee will be required within 30 days of acceptance. Once payment is received your booth location will be confirmed. There are a limited number of booths available.
No refunds will be made after artists have been confirmed on ZAPP.
Mail: St. Johns River Festival of the Arts, Inc., PO Box 223, Sanford, FL 32772-0223
Phone: Kim 407-416-1779
PLACES TO STAY
Comfort Inn & Suites
590 Ava Ct.
Sanford, FL 32771
Fax- (407) 585-1595
Call the main number at 407-585-1580 and mention the “St. Johns River Festival of the Arts” for discounted rate.
$89 + tax/night.
The 2016 Winners of The St. Johns River Festival of the Arts are:
Best of show
Award of Excellence
Award of Distinction